Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Large Tote Bags ~ Gift Guide 9 Holiday 2013

Large Handmade Tote Bags

This is a one of a kind large tote bag. 
I have appliqued coordinating cotton fabric strips on the exterior front of this tote bag to create an interesting design. turquoise, black, red, orange, and green are the colors you will see on this bag. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I call this guys and girls tote bag, the fabric has printed on it Ragazze e Ragazzi!, which in Italian means guys and girls. I appliqued fabric panels onto the denim, then I did some hand beading on some of the panels. If you like dogs this is the bag for you, almost all of the panels have a dog in it. I beaded the dogs, some flowers, rain, umbrella, raincoat, dog leashes. This is a unique and one of a kind bag. 
This bag is roomy enough to use as a diaper bag, a book tote, computer bag, large purse when you need a lot of room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the front of this bag I appliqued cotton panels then on some of the pieces I did some hand beading. The centerpiece is the sisters( I call sisters) . I beaded the younger girl's dress with pink and white beads and pink beads for the flower in her hair. The older sister I beaded her skirt and top with black and silver beads and pink beads for the flower in her hair, I added a few dangling beads from the bottom of her purse. The upper right you will see the moon, I beaded it with white beads. The butler is holding a glass of champagne, I beaded the contents in the glass with pink beads and some clear with a green sheen beads are the bubbles above the glass of champagne. The cat on the other side of the sisters also has a glass of champagne that I beaded the same as the other glass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You will heart this wonderful denim tote bag. I appliqued this lovely lady in red onto the background of gray vines and pink and red flowers. Then I framed her with this stone washed denim fabric. I edged and went around the heart with pink heart stitching.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This large tote bag is made with stone washed denim with cotton appliques on the front. The appliques are of a pregnant mom pushing a baby in a stroller, a couple of women, and a chandelier that I have hand beaded. This bag has two handles that are well padded. This bag is big enough to use as a diaper bag, a overnight bag, a book bag or even a everyday bag that gives you room to carry your daily needs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stonewashed denim large tote bag with colorful cotton batik lining and front pocket. It has 2 tan ultra suede straps for carrying on your shoulder or in your hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This tote bag has two light brown straps made of ultra suede for carrying sewn onto the bag from the bottom of the bag to almost the top to give this it extra strength. I have added a large pocket with a flap and magnetic clasp to hold it closed onto the front exterior of this bag. The inside of this bag was made with a variety of purple, pink and blue batik fabrics that I sewed together and made into the lining
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a great one of a kind tote bag to use on a weekend getaway. This roomy bag can be used as a large purse, an overnight bag or just a bag to carry all those things you need on a daily basis. The outside of this bag is made with a lovely blue corduroy that used to be a blue jacket. I love to make something old turn into something new and useful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my recent holiday gift guide, come back soon to see more handmade treasures.
Kathi

1 comment: